Lunch for Friday, September 24, 2010

A full week of bento's.  I'm proud of myself.  And the kid stated that starting next week he wanted me to start making his bento again to take to school.  Not sure how I feel about this.  Guess I am going to have to get back in the habit of using a planning sheet.  But I think this time I am going to make him sit down with me and tell me what he prefers so that I don't have uneaten items in his bento.

For today's lunch I have the rest of the garlic green beans.  I really like these but I am glad that this is all of them for the week.  I'm going to have to find something else for next week.  I also added some rice balls, chicken nuggets, grape tomatoes and mandarin oranges.  I left the chicken nuggets frozen since they are precooked.  We'll see if they thaw out by lunch time.  And I did manage to stab a couple of pics for feet into them.  Pretty much the same thing all week.  I need variety next week.


I really wish I could buy some more bento accessories such as punches.  But I am trying to save money.  When I look back at the things I thought I had to have when I was spending money, I realize I was spending it on the wrong things.  I thought I needed all those nifty bento boxes.  Now I know I would have been happy with just this one blue box since I seem to use it most.  If only I knew what I really needed was punches and food cutters.  Oh well, lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment