Breakfast for Friday, June 24, 2011

Today I will eat lunch out with a friend so the morning called for a breakfast bento.  I knew I wanted to put farm animals on top of my bread and what better ones than a cow and sheep.  I couldn't decided on which one then I remembered the board book by Sandra Boynton called Moo, Baa, La La La.  I use to read this to my son a lot.  So that is the inspiration for today's breakfast.

I cut the cow, sheep and letters out of provolone cheese using my cookie cutters then added some sugar sheet accents.  I found that the sugar sheets don't melt as bad on cheese.  They still melt a little but I will be eating this one early so less meltage.  The cows eye is a black sesame seed and the sheep's is a white sesame seed.

Also in this box I have a scrambled egg, grapes and cantaloupe.  Mr Man had picked out a super sweet cantaloupe last time we were at the store.  It is one of the best ones I have ever had. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I love the inspiration for today's bento! And I particularly like that it's a black sheep, hehe.

    ReplyDelete