Food for August 13-15, 2010

This last weekend we went on a trip to Memphis.  And anytime we go anywhere we try to find the favorite local Mexican restaurant.  On this trip we found La Perla Tapatia in the Memphis suburb of Collierville.  The salsa was just the right amount of hot and the guacamole was delicious.  I ate the Pablano Peppers.  They are like a Chili Relleno but without the cheese inside.  These were filled with ground beef and potatoes.  Oh My!  They were the best!


The bench seat, chairs and everything wood at this restaurant is carved and painted.  It had a great Tex-Mex vibe.  The staff was very friendly and getting our food out was quick.  No so quick on checking back with us after we got the food but all and all it was good.


Another night we drove down to Tunica, MS to do some gambling and before we did we ate at Blue & White.  This place is amazing!  I was going to take a picture of my Country Fried Steak dinner but it was so good looking I started eating before I remember a picture.  The staff and other patrons were so friendly and fun to talk with.  We stayed for a while after we were done eating just visiting.


After we got back home we went for chinese buffet.  And while I was eating my wonton I saw it as a rabbit.  So I plucked a couple of peas and a carrot from fried rice and made it's eyes and nose.  I just had to play with my food.

No comments:

Post a Comment