I'll share the recipe in case anyone wants to try it.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook a box of elbow noodles in boiling water for 2 minutes then turn off heat, cover and let sit
- Chop up a package of bacon, toss it in a large skillet and cook until done but not crisp.
- Add a chopped onion and a chopped bell pepper to the skillet and cook until the onions are tender.
- Add about a pound of ground beef, cook until done then drain.
- Add two cans of tomato soup, about a cup of water some salt and oregano and cook until bubbly.
- Drain noodles and place half into a casserole dish.
- Pour half of the meat mixture on top of the noodles.
- Pour the rest of the noodles in dish.
- Pour rest of meat mixture in dish.
- Cover with shredded cheese.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes.
Yesterday I had lunch with a co-worker and an ex co-worker. We ate at a place called 5 & Diner. It is an old fashioned type diner. I had a very delicious reuben sandwich. One of my lunch mates had this very delicious looking strawberry shake. They even put some whipped cream on the straw. Very cute. Oh how I wish I could eat ice cream and not get a belly ache. Dang lactose intolerance!