Lunch for Thursday, August 26, 2010

Well it is another non-cute lunch day.  But it is yummy leftovers.  I haven't made this particular casserole in a long time.  There is quite a bit of prep work and cooking time.  I have altered the orginial receipe given to me a long time ago.  When I was given this recipe I avoided making it.  Not sure why but I did try it about 6 years after I got it and it's one of my favorites.  One thing I love is that the measurements don't have to be exact.  Sure I received the original with amounts but again I altered it to my liking.


I'll share the recipe in case anyone wants to try it.
  • Preheat oven to 350 F.
  • Cook a box of elbow noodles in boiling water for 2 minutes then turn off heat, cover and let sit
  • Chop up a package of bacon, toss it in a large skillet and cook until done but not crisp.
  • Add a chopped onion and a chopped bell pepper to the skillet and cook until the onions are tender.
  • Add about a pound of ground beef, cook until done then drain.
  • Add two cans of tomato soup, about a cup of water some salt and oregano and cook until bubbly.
  • Drain noodles and place half into a casserole dish.
  • Pour half of the meat mixture on top of the noodles.
  • Pour the rest of the noodles in dish.
  • Pour rest of meat mixture in dish.
  • Cover with shredded cheese.
  • Cook for 35-40 minutes.
Yesterday I had lunch with a co-worker and an ex co-worker.  We ate at a place called 5 & Diner.  It is an old fashioned type diner.  I had a very delicious reuben sandwich.  One of my lunch mates had this very delicious looking strawberry shake.  They even put some whipped cream on the straw.  Very cute.  Oh how I wish I could eat ice cream and not get a belly ache.  Dang lactose intolerance!

No comments:

Post a Comment