Lunch for Friday, June 11, 2010

For today's lunch I have my TrueBlood inspired bento.  I am SO excited for Season 3 to start on Sunday.  I have read the Twilight books, loved the movies.  And then I found TrueBlood on HBO.  OMG!!  I love it even more.  After watching Season 1 I read all of the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris that are out so far.  I have even re-read some of them.  And Alexander Skarsgard that plays Eric Northman...he's my kind of vampire. 

Now for what I pack to eat.  I made sure everything was a black and/or red in color.  I made some Sesame Chicken using mostly black sesame seeds.  I also pack in a wedge of red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, red seedless grapes, strawberries and some Oreo Cakesters.  For my rice part I cooked up some purple Jasmine rice and put a nori top on it.  The TrueBlood logo was cut out using provolone cheese and beets. 

I struggled when planning the logo.  I knew I would use the cheese but I had a hard time trying to decide on what the red part would be.  I would have just used more cheese and colored it but I wanted a natural color.  Trouble is I have never liked beets.  I remember one of those diets from years back where you ate beets, bacon and green beans.  I just about gagged every time I took a bite of a beet.  Maybe that is why I never lost any weight while on it.  When I opened the jar of them last night I had to turn my head.  But I pressed onward since that is what I had planned and didn't have time to change my mind.  I had thought maybe I would give them another try but after smelling them last night it is not likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment