Lunch for Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ever since I entered my popsicle bento into Hapa Bento's BOMB for June I have been thinking about Hello Kitty buried in the sand.  Since the theme is beach I thought Hello Kitty needed a little R&R at the beach.
I found this cute Hello Kitty tin at the local Hobby Lobby and thought I would make a cute bento with it.  Unfortunately it is not sealed tight so whatever I put in there has to not leak.  I did take and place a piece of wax paper inside to help contain any possible leaks.  Now for what is in there.  Under the couscous sand is a couscous salad made with bell pepper, tomato, onion, greek seasoning, feta cheese, cucumber and lemon juice.
I hand shaped Hello Kitty's face and paws.  I do not have a rice mold for that...yet.  I do plan on buying one but I have been holding off on spending money on bento.  I had to rein myself in before I spent every dime I had on bento's.  I also hand cut the nori and added a sweet potato flower.
On the other side I added a red pepper surf board with cheese strip and some shells from a 100 Calorie Pack of Fudge Petites.  The kid said he like the way everything looked except for the shells.  Oh well I know how tasty they are.  I can't believe I am entering a second time, but I love the summer beach theme and had to get it out of my system.

2 comments:

  1. Aaaag! So cute. =^.^= I love the idea of couscous for sand. So many creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it but wow that's a lot of carbs, I'm a chubby bunny no way I could eat that much rice and pasta. You must have an awesome metabolism :)
    LunaNott@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete