Lunch for Friday, June 4, 2010

I had absolutely nothing prepared last night for today's lunch.  And I had no idea what I wanted to do with it.  So this morning I cooked up some dumplings and teriyaki chicken.  I placed it all in my bento and still had no vision of what I wanted to create.  As I was looking through my bento accessories I pulled out the cute little bunny and thought he would look cute hiding in the dumplings.  Then I pulled out all my veggies and started cutting up some broccoli and tucked it around the dumplings.  Still no vision.  The side looked empty so I added some carrots.  I almost forgot about fruit but that big empty hole at the top soon was filled with some strawberries, lettuce and yellow cherry tomatoes.  I was still in a funk and started looking through my pics to add one for the top of the strawberry then it hit me.  I could use the flower stem pick and make a flower.  I used a cookie cutter to cut a tulip out of sweet red pepper.  Not too bad for no planning but it did take me longer to fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment