Lunch for Friday, April 22, 2011

This year it just so happens that Good Friday is also Earth Day.  In years past I always got off work for Good Friday but we have been purchased by a different company and instead of giving us this day off we have two floating type holidays called diversity days that we can use whenever we want.  I decided to come to work today since my son had school.

I decided to make an Earth Day themed lunch today.  My earth is made of blue and green egg sheets, cut then placed on white rice.  I did leave some continents off my earth.  I am not trying to imply that North and South America are more important.  It was just easier to cut like this.  In the other container I have the rest of the leftover potato salad, red-wine vinegar chicken, carrots, grape tomatoes, broccoli, a mini sweet pepper and a mushroom that I carved a recycle symbol into using an x-acto knife.

I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend.

2 comments: