Lunch for Thursday, April 7, 2011

I saw this t-shirt on ThinkGeek yesterday and it made me giggle.  So that is my inspiration for today's lunch.  Ninja Kitty!  I cut the kitty out of nori and added a cheese face.  The throwing star is made from carrot.  I really hate that I let my rice cool for a long time and the nori still shriveled up some.  And I was going to use a smaller container for the rice but ended up using a larger one so the kitty is not as large on the rice as it should be.  And I know I don't like nori so why do I keep using it?  Does anyone else have alternatives to nori that have a nice dark color that can be cut easily?  I'm just complaining today, aren't I?  sigh  I'll try to get happy... after my coffee.

In the other container I have chicken nuggets, broccoli, carrots, mini sweet pepper, tomato, grapes and blueberries.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure on a sub for nori, as I havent started using decorations on that level, but would egg sheets tinted in dark food coloring work? Or maybe cheese? I've read in other blogs about making egg sheets and rolling them for storage. I think the bento looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete