Lunch for Friday, March 11, 2011

It was very sad to wake up this morning and hear about the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.  My heart goes out to those affected by this tragedy.  I do know that Bento & Co located in Kyoto has checked in via Facebook and they are ok.  Kind of makes it hard to be fun and light hearted about my lunch today. 

For today's lunch I used what was left of the purple jasmine rice and made a hungry monster.  Also in this box is a vegetable gratin that I have not made in a long time.  I really like it and the recipe comes from Just Bento.  Not sure why I stopped making it.  And I have another piece of the chicken I made last week that I cooked in garlic and soy sauce.  Luckily I had a couple of pieces leftover that a stuck in the freezer.  I just defrosted it and heated it up this morning in a pan.  I hope everyone has a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment