Lunch for Thursday, May 20, 2010

Well after yesterday's disastrous looking lunch I knew I had to step it up a little today.  But last night I did not get to prep anything.  I was too busy watching the weather alerts on TV.  So all of this was done this morning.  Good thing I woke up early from a nightmare.  It was such a strange dream.  This ghost kept hiding my makeup and bento accessories.  And was hiding things while I was making a bento.  The last thing I remember was the ghost throwing a lit match at me.  Then I woke up.  I'm sure it just means I have a burning desire to make bentos.  LOL

Anyway onto today's lunch.  I took a piece of salmon and cut it into the pieces I wanted to fit into the bentos, pour some teriyaki sauce on to and broiled it in the toaster oven.  I also made another tamagoyaki.  I think I am getting better at these.  And I heated up some of those dumplings that are premade, just frozen.  And for the kids bento I lined things in rows.  Trying it make it more visually pleasing than yesterday.  Last night in the mail was some more goodies I had ordered.  See the little green container?  I felt these were a necessity to hold sauces and salad dressings.  These are the only ones that were not "too cute" as the kid put it.  To me they are kind of plain but I am making bentos for more than just me.


Now for my lunch I used this new tiffin I got at Whole Foods.  This thing is HUGH!  I am just using one tier of it today.  There is another whole bottom section that is the same size.  And it all locks together.  It would be great for a picnic bento some day.  But I wanted more salad today so I took the top section and filled it with some napa cabbage.  I love napa cabbage for salad.  It keeps very well.  Then I added my salmon, tamagoyaki, dumplings and other various things on top.  I also made a small salad dressing to put in my new little container.  Looks much better than yesterdays lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment