Lunch for Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Last night I came home and Fedex had tried to deliver our new bentos.  But it needed a signature.  My son was so excited that he kept asking if we were going to pick it up.  I had just walked in the house and he was ready to go.  So we drove to the Fedex office at the airport to pick up the box.  As soon as the lady sat the box down my son had it in his hands.  And as soon as we got in the car he opened it up.  He was so excited about it he was getting annoying.  He held onto his bento the entire time we were in the car.  He also was worried about his chopsticks getting dirty since they are too big for the bento.  SO we made a stop at Hobby Lobby and I got some fabric to make a chopstick bag and a few other things.  I made the bag last night but I forgot to photograph it.  I did find some really neat freezer packs that are not too large.  That will help keep the bento cool in the summer months.  I was surprised at all I found for the bento's.


While I planned our bentos the day before I had to make changes to my son's.  He didn't want his to look to girly or babyish.  Gee, I want mine to be as cute as can be and it looks like he just wants food.  Boys!!!  He did say I could make some smiley faces.


Now for my lunch I made a sad little kitty.  I didn't mean for him to look so sad but he is.  I took and shaped two hearts with rice and added the heart carrots for the eyes and nose.  And hand cut some carrots for the ears.  I think if I do this next time I will use smaller hearts.  I didn't have much room left for other stuff.


For both of our lunches I made what we call Chicken on a Stick.  I took my bamboo skewers and cut them to fix our bento's and marinated the chicken in soy sauce.  After I threaded my chicken slices on the skewers, I placed them in my toaster oven and broiled for 5 minutes.  Then turned them over and broiled for 5 more.  I placed a small cup of hosien sauce to dip the chicken in and I had made some Easy Sugar Free Carrot Kinpira from Just Bento for my lunch.  Not too sure about this but I am willing to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment