Lunch for Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Last night my son wanted eggs for dinner.  When I asked him how he wanted them cooked the question no longer came out of my mouth when I thought I would make him a tamagoyaki.  I need for him to try some thing before I start making them for his lunches so this was the perfect opportunity.  I did ask him if I could make him a cute dinner.  And he agreed.  You never know with 10 year olds.  So I took a couple of all beef hotdogs and made octopus and crabs.  As well as making his tamagoyaki.  He thought the sea creatures looked good but he didn't like the way they tasted.  Oh well, he LOVED the tamagoyaki.


Now for my lunch for today.  Yesterday I mentioned that I needed to start using a theme.  Well today's theme is Stellar Lunch.  I made a beef patty in the shape of a star and added some sharp cheddar in the same star shape and put on top.  I also cut the stars tail out of the same cheese  I placed the patty on a bed of star shaped pasta and added some star shaped carrots.  It looks like a lot of pasta but in reality it is only about 1/2 cup of it.  I just spread it out real thin.  I also made Red Pepper with Maple Syrup and Chili from the Just Bento website.  Now I didn't use my bento box for this.  When I was cooking up the rest of the green beans on Sunday I thought the tray they came in would come in handy so I washed it up and set it aside.  Well this morning I thought it would make a great bento tray.  AND to my surprise there were two of them.  If it cracks I can just throw it away.  Yipee!  I did indulge today by adding a 100 calorie pack of Oreo Cakesters with some grapes and strawberries.  I can't wait to dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment