Lunch for Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Well compared to the last two days these bento's just don't have it.  Even the photos look kind of blah.  The empty spots...the lack of cuteness...sigh

The kid requested bacon today.  Bacon?  Really?  SO today we are having some turkey bacon I rolled up, stuck with a toothpick and pan fried.  I paired that with some chicken wontons.  These chicken wontons came from the freezer section of the grocery store.  I just heated them up in the toaster oven.  I also sliced some purple potatoes and boiled them.  I had forgot about these until they had been boiling for around an hour.  Gee... anyway...So I placed them in a frying pan and heated them up to give them crispness.  Nothing like fried potatoes.


The Oreo Cakesters are making an appearance again today. mmmm  I personally was hungry for a salad so I tucked one in the kids bento and one in mine.  I took some sharp cheddar cheese and cut some circles then added a cherry tomato.  I was trying for a circle theme today.  There are lots of circles alright.  I keep thinking about the phrase circle of life.  And I think this circle of life is at it's end.  Ugh... I am just not impressed with my lunches for today.  I think I will try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment