Lunch for Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Well the kid was not embarrassed by the palm tree so today I thought I would be a nice mom and make Iron Man to put on his rice.  I just baked up an egg sheet and cut the nori for the features.  Very easy to do and it looks cool.  I even got a thumbs up from the kid.  I put it on top of some purple jasmine rice I found at Whole Foods.  I use to shop at Whole Foods about once a month.  And I don't know what happened, I just stopped going.  I think it had something to do with money.  LOL  But I was very pleased with my finds from there this last weekend.  Although it is 25 miles from my house.  I also cooked up some teriyaki chicken and some carrots that I cut into square shapes for the kid and stars for me.


The stars I cut for my carrots go well with my alien/creature.  I cut him to mimic the one on the cover of my bento.  (see picture below)  Maybe it's his cousin.  This bento is not very big but I felt it held enough for me.  I sometimes have trouble filling up the kids bento since it has three compartments.  Strange since the volume of it is about the same as most of my other ones.  Oh well, he does eat it all.


alien/creature on bento

No comments:

Post a Comment