Lunch for Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Today is the kids last day of school.  He had the option of eating Chick-fil-a, a sack lunch from the cafeteria or bringing a lunch from home.  I was surprised when he requested that I make spring rolls for his lunch.  I figured he would want Chick-fil-a.  So being the mom I am I made spring rolls this morning.  Now all of his had to be disposable so I placed the spring rolls in wax paper and the grapes in a ziplock bag and placed all of it in a plain gift bag.  Last night he told me that someone at his school asked if I was a chef.  He said he told them yes I was.  And he had a friend over last night telling me how cool the kid's lunches were.  Ahh I felt pride in that.

For the spring rolls I took some rice paper wraps and laid down some napa cabbage and bibb lettuce.  Then I placed some cellophane noodles, chicken, cucumber, carrots, peanuts and mint.  While rolling these up I remember how much the rice paper likes to stick to itself.  It was a struggle but I managed.  I also made a peanut dipping sauce to go with them.


Now my lunch got to go into a new bento.  This set has skulls and crossbones on it.  A really cool ebay purchase.  I added a few grape tomatoes to fill the gaps.  I am very much looking forward to eating this lunch today.  Yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment